We are developing several sites and Android apps in our self-tinker time. It keeps our coding fingers sharp, and our minds active..
Be the first to know!
Details on any given project's status is below. NOW AVAILABLE - development screenshots
We're excited about 2017 and the beginning of our journey to hobby and tinker, to benefit others. Join us for the journey!
NOW AVAILABLE - development screenshots
You can see what we're doing, we're not shy.
MOMMATOWN.COM COMMUNITY SITES
1A) 99% done with structure for version 1.0: www.thedigu.com - then, content will take a while to build up here.
1B) 99% done with structure for version 1.0: www.digdiner.com - then, content. CODING TASKS
2) 45% done with structure for: this Mommatown.COM parent site CODING TASKS working here today
3) 60% done with structure for: CODING TASKS
4) 30% done with structure for:
5) 40% done with structure for: WeSchool homeschool buy n sell forum CODING TASKS & working here
Mommatown.com community is a network of sites dedicated to making a child-safe educational network where children can peruse and learn without leaving the Mommatown site family. Log in to one site, and you are logged in to all Mommatown.com sites. When logged in, participate in educational games, contests, and buy and sell your educational books, items and crafts in a safe place.
Because our sites are 100% custom built, we can implement any FEATURE REQUEST a member might want, making our sites super responsive to the needs of our Mommatown Educational and Homeschool Community or anyone with a suggestion that rocks.
On our sites, membership is free. This project is our Give-Back to the educational community that helped us through the homeschool years!
We are a grand total team of two awesome chicks, one fun dude and a puppet or two.
2 out of 3 of us hail from Washington state. Therefore this developer site design gives homage to where it all began for us.
The Mommatown team is now located in Jacksonville, FL. We followed the sunrise, it led us here.
Mommatown and our connected sites are our hobbies, and we hope our hobbies grow to help others on their journey, by creating educational content, and providing some art gigs for young entrepreneurial artists out there (check out our art request page). twitter & facebook
July 1, well, we have coded away for a bit, and now must take a break to do some freelance or employee gigs in order to continue our fun hobby projects. We'll get coding done on weekends, stay tuned for more updates!
June 12 Working on Android apps, continuing work on the WeSchool dashboard, and working freelance to inject more money into our projects. So there is going to be a lighter amount of work able to be churned out until we can self-invest in our project again. This is why our main focus - Mommatown/WeSchool/Apps has been given a 3 year target mark, to give us time to fund this ourselves. We're also hoping once we launch our first two Android apps, that it will help our funding process.
May 31 2017 We've been all over the place, working on apps, policies, inner dashboard operations, security, stories, new Dig U article to be posted by this weekend, and also took a week off for vaca.
- Some of our added content:
- Overview of Types of Accounts (parental/child/teen)
- Membership Policy
- Content Policy (being run by a team of Christian people, what kind of content can I be expected to see / not see on Mommatown?)
- Membership Policy (how members may interact, how to participate in contests)
May 10 2017 https://www.mommatown.com/mentions Focused on some graphics that were needed, did a reshoot on some photos, and created an artist's mention page, so that young artists who wish to can be referenced, if they wish to be recognized. This is a free service to artists who contribute to Mommatown sites. Mommatown will hire contractor artists at various times, which will make our site helpful to those who wish to break into the web art field. We don't believe in using 'interns' for free.
May 3 2017 - TheDigU.Com - http://www.thedigu.com Put up version A of the header image for TheDigU and tweaked site colors. We really need to get a few more articles up, had intended on one per week, but other work took priority.
May 3 2017 - DinosaurShelf.Com - Have to retake photos, hopefully tonight we are able to get that done so that we can post some content by Saturday or midweek next week.
Apr 27 2017 - Mommatown.Com - https://www.mommatown.com/about-web-child-safety-account-types.html Sally has been working on many things, including rough drafts of Policies, Terms, and other User Guide content. This included setting up a Content Management System custom-made from scratch for Mommatown. That's sort of like a custom-made WordPress, but only we know the source code, which helps keep a site secure. Years ago I had a blog, and because I used a blog system that a million other people also used, when a hacker decided to crash the blog system, all of those blogs died across the internet. I learned a lesson there, custom code is more secure.
Apr 24 2017 - WeSchool.Org - We are completing the ability to log in securely from WeSchool and have the login effect ALL Mommatown satellite sites. Our system will know if you are logged in, an adult, child, have full access, limited access, can add other family users, etc. It's very unique.
April 24 2017 - DinosaurShelf.Com - We have been photographing dino models and getting ready to post content here. Our photo studio set-up was great fun to set up. Will post picks of our set-up on our we-how-to site in the future.
Apr 23 2017 - TheDigU.Com - Sally is working on the Dig U banner image, which will be created using matte painting. We hope to one day create tutorials for kids on exactly how to do a matte painting. It's fun! We added the first article to both sites.
April 21 2017 - Games - Games will take longer to implement, and are waiting behind everything else. Our first Android game will be a word game, and our second will be a story about a beautiful and lonely wolf. Our first on-line web game is in development and will not be revealed until a later date.
April 21 2017 - Contests - Contests are waiting for other key login-functions to be operable. Then, we'll have to find a way of allowing our first few contests (drawing and writing) to be advertised among interesed kids, so that a number of kids participate!
- There will be a request for admissions, then admissions close, then voting opens. Not only will public voting be allowed, but members-only voting, and Mommatown staff voting. Therefore, there will be several winners, runners up, and other prize levels. Therefore, it will not be a competition based on how many facebook family members voted (popularity), but winners based on other criteria (Mommatown selected winner for color usage, Mommatown selected winner for most improved since last contest, Mommatown selected winner for overall content, etc. based on the type of contest.).
- Winners will select prizes from a prize page. Prizes will be freely mailed to them (no shipping cost).
- Runner-ups will have a separate prize page.
- Non-winners will have participation "prizes".
- And so forth. We are setting this up so that no kid feels completely left out, yet we can and do reward "winners". We do not feel that it is a negative aspect of life to win and lose, but also want to reward all efforts with a thank you, a kudos, an account avatar pet or some other fun creative way of saying "thank you for participating"!
Stay tuned to see how this will play out!